Home Buying Do's and Don'ts
Homy Buying Do's and Don'ts
- DO keep original paystubs, banks statements and other financial information. These are used to verify your financial situation and will be required prior to help process your file.
- DO tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes with employment or monthly credit bills.
- DO provide all documentation requested by our team as soon as possible. Timely responses helps ensure there are no delays with your loan process.
- DO let us know if you are getting a monetary gift
- DON’T have your credit pulled once we pull it. Every time you get your credit pulled, it could have a negative effect on your score and affect your chances of qualifying for your mortgage.
- DON’T close, increase, or open any new loans or lines of credit.
- DON’T make any major purchases, such as a car, furniture, or appliances. While it may be tempting to start shopping for your dream home, these types of purchases could change your qualification for a loan.
- DON’T make any large deposits without speaking to us. Funds for a down payment cannot be from borrowed money, so you will have to explain any large deposits.
- DON’T transfer funds one account to another without speaking to us
- DON’T take any cash advance on credit cards
- DON’T change employment situation without discussing with us. Any kind of job movement before your loan closes can have negative consequences.
Now you are armed with the knowledge to make your home buying journey successful and stress-free! If you have any questions during your home buying process, including any other Do's and Don'ts, your Service First Loan Officer will be able to assist to make sure you are covered.